Monday, June 23, 2008

Jodi Picoult

So I just got done reading Picoult's newest book Change of Heart. It was typical. A tough decision had to be made. An interesting take on something we seem to make quick decisions about. I like typical Picoult. I always wonder what I would do in the situation these characters find themselves in.

This particular book was about a family (a mother and daughter) who needs a heart and a man that wants to give them his. It seems so easy when you say it like that, but the man was accused of killing the little girls father and sister. As the reader we get so much more information and Picoult does a good job of letting you have compassion for this accused killer. I marvel at how she comes up with these topics and forces you to re-think the way you think. It ends in typical Picoult fashion as well....a little something different so you can never guess the real ending before you finish the book completely.

No comments: