Monday, July 23, 2007

My Book List

I am a bit of a book whore. I love to buy, read, listen to and check out books. There seems to be no way of actually getting through all of the books I want to read and there seems to be an endless supply of books on the shelf waiting patiently to be read. I read to escape and relax and so I don't often read non-fiction.

Besides being a book whore I am also a teacher. As of now I am teaching fifth grade. I get ample opportunity to read in my profession and in doing so I have found I enjoy children's literature far more than most adult. They are often quick reads with great story lines and wonderful lessons to be learned. It isn't that I expect children to follow these lessons, or to follow them myself for that matter, but there is something in reading about how young characters react to given events that gives such insight into how maturity and experience helps mold you into the person you are to become.

Please don't get me wrong, I do enjoy reading adult fiction as well. My brain may not be advanced enough to calculate and understand all the details in more adult literature. As many questions I come up with about children's literature it is usually quadrupled in adult literature. Either that or it is more predictable than a stop light. There are times I like the predictable and times I like the quadrupled insights, but for the most part I stick to the children's literature section. I am rarely bored.

So this brings me to the purpose of my blog....I simply can't keep track of the books I have read and I am searching for a way to organize. As teacher I am constantly referring students to certain books. And while I am a great reader of books, my memory of them does not serve me as well. I will remember reading a book, but be unable to remember the plot or ending. I am hoping by posting about the books I read I will be able to pick up, not only insight, but memory of each book I choose.

No comments: