Friday, July 27, 2007

Books About Me Challenge

Ok, this is actually pretty difficult for me. I am trying to come up with 5 books off the top of my head that have to do with me without cheating and checking out what everyone else has on their list.

Here we go:

1. The earth, my butt and other big round things (YA) by Carolyn Mackler .

I completely relate to this girl and how she feels!

2. The dogs who found me (NF) by Ken Foster

I am a huge dog lover and especially love that this author does not hate certain breeds because of their reputation.

3. The Penderwicks, a summer tale of four sisters, two rabbits and a very interesting boy (F)

I was an only child and wished I had a fun family like this to grow up around.

4. The sisterhood of the traveling pants (YA) by Ann Brashares

My friends are everything to me, just like these great girls.

5. The house of the scorpion (JuvF) by Nancy Farmer

I admire the sense of hope this story brings despite the horrible events in it.

I know there are other books out there that are about me, but these are the first I came to while standing at the bookshelf. I do love them all.


The books I am choosing to read from others lists are:

1. So Many Books, So Little Time by Sara Nelson

2. Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

3. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith

4. Nothing But the Truth by Avi

5. A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly

No comments: